The Honors Grade Averages necessary to be awarded graduation honors in the 2019-2020 academic year are:
Magna Cum Laude
|College of Business and Economics||3.84||3.72|
|College of Fine and Performing Arts||3.94||3.87|
|College of Humanities and Social Sciences||3.93||3.84|
|College of Science and Engineering||3.92||3.80|
|Huxley College of the Environment||3.93||3.84|
|Woodring College of Education||4.00||3.97|
|University Interdisciplinary Programs||3.94||3.85|
Note: For commencement purposes, the honors GPA at the end of the quarter prior to commencement is used to determine if honors will be announced. Final calculations for honors determination will be after all grades are received for the quarter the degree is awarded.
To be eligible for cum laude or magna cum laude upon graduation, review the Academic Policy for graduation honors.
Calculating Honor's GPA
The Honors Grade Average is computed using only the grades earned at Western Washington University after the quarter in which the student attains junior standing, but excluding grades in courses subsequently repeated and excluding all grades earned prior to approval of a “fresh start” grading average.
- Review your Unofficial Transcript on Web4U.
- Find the first quarter the Class (Cls) is JR (Junior).
- Determine if you are eligible for consideration for honors (see above)
- Use the GPA calculator with credits graded A-F starting with the quarter in which junior standing was attained.
- If final grades have not been submitted for the final term, estimate grades you expect to receive in remaining coursework