Certificates can be earned at Western in a variety of departments. Please see the list below for certificate programs that are recognized on student transcripts.
Please note: The Registrar’s Office does not process teaching certificates. Contact the Woodring College of Education for more information.
- Climate Leadership Certificate
- Content Development Certificate
- Cybersecurity Certificate
- E-Commerce Developer Certificate
- Ecological Restoration Certificate
- Energy and Environment Certificate
- Energy Economics Certificate
- Energy in the Built Environment Certificate
- Energy Policy Certificate
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Certificate
- FOREST (Foundations of Outdoor Recreation, Entrepreneurship & Sustainable Tourism)
- Geographic Information Science Certificate
- Illustration Certificate
- Northwest Electric Energy Systems Certificate
- Salmon Enhancement: Community Education Certificate
- Salmon Enhancement: Habitat Restoration Certificate
- TESOL: Supporting English Language Learners Certificate
- Web Programming Certificate
The department will complete a Student Academic Declaration and Change Form to declare a student in the program.
Apply for Certificate Completion
$35 certificate application fee will be billed to your student account upon receipt of your application.
Certificate completion application deadlines
Summer 2023 – July 14, 2023
Fall 2023 – November 3, 2023
Winter 2024 – February 16, 2024
Spring 2024 – May 10, 2024
Summer 2024 – July 19, 2024
Review progress towards certificate completion in Degree Works.
Note: You may need to use the drop down in the upper right to view the certificate instead of your degree. See image below for reference.
Contact your certificate department for evaluation a month prior to the application deadline. They will document evaluation approval electronically as a Note in Degree Works.
Information about final records
When requirements are completed, the certificate will be noted on your official transcript. If a degree is required, then the date of certificate completion will correspond to the completion date of your degree. Your printed certificate will be mailed six to eight weeks after the completion quarter.