Certificate Information

Certificates can be earned at Western in a variety of departments. Please see the list below for certificate programs that are recognized on student transcripts.

Please note: The Registrar’s Office does not process teaching certificates. Contact the Woodring College of Education for more information.


Apply for a certificate

When entering a certificate program, a department will complete a Certificate Declaration and Change form to declare a student in the program.

When a student has about two quarters left until certificate completion, the student should apply for certificate completion by following the steps outlined below. Please note that all processes are completed remotely as WWU offices are closed at this time.

Step #1

Contact your certificate program's departmental advisor and ask for a certificate evaluation.

*Advisors can document approval of the evaluation by recording a note in Degree Works or can email you an electronically-signed PDF or scanned evaluation. 

Step #2

Fill out a Certificate Application completely and save it to your computer before filling it out. 

Step #3

After your certificate evaluation is completed by the department and you've completed the application, please submit all documents to DegreeEval@wwu.edu

Who do I contact with questions about certificates?

The Degree Evaluation Team

Email: DegreeEval@wwu.edu | Phone:(360) 650-3985