Degree Application

Apply For Your Degree

  1. Review your Degree Works in MyWestern and confirm your major/minor declaration(s) are accurate. If updates are needed, submit the appropriate Major/Minor Declaration and Change form.
  2. Contact your department for major/minor evaluation(s) a month ahead of the application deadline. They will document approval of the evaluation by recording a Note in Degree Works. Tip: Your advisor’s name is at the top of your Degree Works sheet.
  3. After all major/minor evaluations have been completed, complete and submit a Degree Application to


  • CBE Students: Contact your Department Manager for major/minor evaluation(s). 
  • Fairhaven Students: Contact the main office at Fairhaven College of Interdisciplinary Studies.
  • Off-Campus Extension Program Students: Contact your program coordinator for deadlines and application information. Staff may have earlier deadlines to allow for processing time.
  • Graduate Students: Visit the Graduate School Degree Completion page for degree completion deadlines and procedures.

Degree Application Deadlines

Quarter Priority Deadline Final Deadline
(subject to $45 late fee)
Winter 2023 September 30, 2022 February 10, 2023
Spring 2023 December 2, 2022 May 5, 2023
Summer 2023 March 10, 2023 July 14, 2023 (May 5 if planning to attend June commencement)
Fall 2023 June 2, 2023 November 3, 2023

Fees (billed to WWU Student Account)

$50 - Degree application fee

$45 - Additional late fee after priority degree application deadline

Change your planned graduation quarter (no fee):

  1. If you know your new graduation quarter, submit an updated Degree Application and mark the "REAPPLICATION" box before the final deadline.
  2. If you have previously applied to graduate, but are not sure of your new graduation quarter, email to inactivate your degree application. When you determine your new graduation quarter, you will reactivate your degree file by submitting an updated Degree Application.



Does my Degree Evaluation Need Updates?

Check out this Flow Chart: Degree Evaluation Update Process

If you have further questions about updating your Degree Evaluation, contact or call 360-650-3985.