Apply For Your Degree
- Review your Degree Works in MyWestern and confirm your major/minor declaration(s) are accurate. If updates are needed, submit the appropriate Major/Minor Declaration and Change form.
- Contact your department for major/minor evaluation(s) a month ahead of the application deadline. They will document approval of the evaluation by recording a Note in Degree Works. Tip: Your advisor’s name is at the top of your Degree Works sheet.
- After all major/minor evaluations have been completed, complete and submit a Degree Application to DegreeEval@wwu.edu.
- CBE Students: Contact your Department Manager for major/minor evaluation(s).
- Fairhaven Students: Contact the main office at Fairhaven College of Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Off-Campus Extension Program Students: Contact your program coordinator for deadlines and application information. Staff may have earlier deadlines to allow for processing time.
- Graduate Students: Visit the Graduate School Degree Completion page for degree completion deadlines and procedures.
Degree Application Deadlines
|Quarter||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline
(subject to $45 late fee)
|Summer 2022||March 11, 2022||July 15, 2022|
|Fall 2022||June 3, 2022||November 4, 2022|
|Winter 2023||September 30, 2022||February 10, 2023|
|Spring 2023||December 2, 2022||May 5, 2023|
|Summer 2023||March 10, 2023||July 14, 2023 (May 5 if planning to attend June commencement)|
Fees (billed to WWU Student Account)
$50 - Degree application fee
$45 - Additional late fee after priority degree application deadline
Change your planned graduation quarter (no fee):
- If you know your new graduation quarter, submit an updated Degree Application and mark the "REAPPLICATION" box before the final deadline.
- If you have previously applied to graduate, but are not sure of your new graduation quarter, email DegreeEval@wwu.edu to inactivate your degree application. When you determine your new graduation quarter, you will reactivate your degree file by submitting an updated Degree Application.
- Degree Application Form
- Degree Evaluation Update Request - Request changes to your Degree Evaluation
- Degree Requirements Review Form - Former WWU students interested in returning to finish a degree
- Application For Additional Major/Minor - Add major/minor after a WWU Degree has been awarded
Does my Degree Evaluation Need Updates?
Check out this Flow Chart: Degree Evaluation Update Process